Pennsylvania VA Disability Attorneys
Contact VABenefits Attorneys today for a FREE consultation about your disability benefits and enlist our help as Pennsylvania VA disability attorneys!
FAQs About Pennsylvania VA Disability Benefits
Are You Eligible for VA Benefits in Pennsylvania?
Not sure if you qualify for VA disability benefits and compensations? To qualify for disability, veterans must meet two primary criteria – you must be an active duty, active duty in training or inactive duty training veteran and must have a current injury or illness that impacts your physical or mental health. Veterans must also meet one of the following criteria:
- You became sick or injured while in the military and can link your condition to your military service OR
- You had the illness or injury prior to your service and the condition was made worse due to your service OR
- You have a disability related to your service that did not appear until after your time in service – known as a postservice disability claim.
What VA Benefits Are Available to Pennsylvania Veterans?
Disability benefits are not the only benefits available to Pennsylvania veterans. The Department of Veterans Affairs works to provide care and support for veterans on multiple fronts – including medical and healthcare benefits. Veterans may also be eligible for vocational rehabilitation, preferred employment, burial services and educational benefits via the Montgomery G.I. Bill.
Which Medical Conditions and Injuries Qualify for VA Disability?
Not all wounds are visible and VA disability compensation covers a wide range of service-related physical injuries, medical conditions, illnesses and mental health conditions – as determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Here is a list of a few injuries, illnesses and conditions that may qualify Pennsylvania veterans for disability compensation.
- Chronic Back and Knee Pain
- Breathing Issues – Lung Conditions and Lung Disease
- Severe Hearing Loss
- Select Types of Cancer
- Scar Tissue
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Mental Disorders – Depression and Anxiety
How Do You File for VA Disability Benefits in Pennsylvania?
Are you eligible for VA disability benefits? You may be asking – how do I file for disability in Pennsylvania? We can help with the process at VABenefits Attorneys. The simplest way to file a disability claim is by completing the online claim form at www.va.gov/disability. Veterans who prefer a more personal process can download and print the application and turn it in at a VA Regional Office in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh. VABenefits Attorneys can help you file your claim and complete the process.
What Should I Do if My VA Claim is Denied?
Do you know what happens if your VA claim is denied? We know that VA claims can be denied and we know how to help when it does happen. VABenefits Attorneys is happy to help you dispute your claim and navigate the legal process. When your claim is denied, you have four ways to dispute your claim – file a Notice of Disagreement, request a Higher Level Review, file a Supplemental Claim or present your claim to a Veterans Law Judge. No matter what the status of your claim may be – VABenefits Attorneys can help ensure you receive your benefits.
What Are Pennsylvania State Veterans Benefits?
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs does a lot to provide benefits and compensation for veterans in the State of Pennsylvania – but those are not all the options for veterans in the Keystone State. Benefits available to state veterans include – but are not limited to – financial, medical, real estate, educational and employment benefits.
Here is a closer look at veterans benefits exclusive to the State of Pennsylvania.
- Tax-Free Active Duty, Retirement and Survivor Benefit Plan Pay
- Military Family Relief Assistance Program
- Pennsylvania Veterans Temporary Financial Assistance
- Real Estate Tax Exemption
- Blind Veterans Pension
- Amputee and Paralyzed Veterans Pension
- Pennsylvania Veterans Educational Gratuity
- Pennsylvania National Guard Education Assistance Program
- Military Family Education Program
- Veterans Preference for State Jobs
Contact VABenefits Attorneys today for a FREE consultation on your veterans disability benefits in Pennsylvania!